An invasive neck lift is a thorough surgical procedure that reconstructs the entire appearance of a person’s neck. During this operation, various techniques will be used in order to provide the patient with superior results, including trimming excess skin, removing excess fat by way of liposuction and reshaping the appearance of the neck. Many patients who have an invasive neck lift performed will be able to go home the same day as the procedure, but some will have to stay overnight while they recover. The neck lift is typically performed on people who are between the ages of 35 and 60. It can be combined with the facelift in order to provide the patient with comprehensive results.
How Can I Prepare for the Invasive Neck Lift?
- The first step is to set up a consultation appointment with a board certified cosmetic surgeon. At this appointment, the surgeon can talk about the options that are available to you and help you decide if the invasive neck lift is necessary.
- The surgeon will provide you with pre-operative instructions that will help you prepare for the surgery. You may have to avoid certain medications, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, in the weeks leading up the surgery. It is also recommended that you quit smoking and drinking and adopt a healthy diet and exercise routine.
- You need to arrange for your post-operative care prior to the operation. Ask someone to be available to drive you to the surgery and transport you home afterwards. You may need someone to help you for 24-48 hours after the operation.
What Should I Know About the Invasive Neck Lift Recovery?
- The recovery typically lasts for 7-10 days after the operation. Patients should avoid working during this time, and should spend the recovery period resting and recuperating.
- Enjoy a healthy, well-balanced diet during the recovery. Focus on eating foods that are easy to digest, so that you can avoid having constipation during the recovery period.
- Do not smoke or drink during your recovery from the invasive neck lift. Your surgeon will let you know when it is safe to resume these activities.
- Avoid strenuous activities, including exercise, for about four weeks after the surgery. This will protect your results and help your body to heal properly.
Orange County patients who feel that the invasive neck lift is the best cosmetic surgery option for them should set up a consultation appointment with Dr. Kevin Sadati. Dr. Kevin Sadati is an expert facial plastic surgeon who specializes in the invasive neck lift procedure. He understands when this procedure is necessary, and works to provide each patient with natural-looking results. Interested patients can contact his Newport Beach office in order to find out more information about preparing for this procedure, the surgery itself and the recovery process that is involved.