There is a growing trend among patients who are choosing to undergo facelifts and other cosmetic procedures under local anesthesia and twilight sedation as opposed to general anesthesia. The reason for this growing trend is the wide range of benefits patients can experience with local anesthesia. Some of the benefits including:
- Local anesthesia only numbs a specific area of the body without impacting the consciousness of the patients. General anesthesia renders the patient completely unconscious while machines control breathing and circulation. This requires precise monitoring of heart function and breathing. There are high risks of complication. Because patients body controls the breathing and circulation system, local anesthesia and twilight sedation is consider safer.
- Recovery time is much shorter with local anesthesia when compared with general anesthesia. General anesthesia seriously depresses many of the body’s systems which can remain in effect for hours after the surgery. Local anesthesia with twilight sedation requires less medication and allows the patient to remain relaxed and comfortable during and after the procedure. This typically allows the patient to return home sooner.
- Local anesthesia can also act as a method of pain management which can reduce the overall amount of painkillers the patient needs during recovery.
- Procedures that use local anesthesia are more cost effective because they do not require anesthesiologist
Local anesthesia is a great option because it offers a safer process with less risk and a shorter recovery. With topical injections and nerve blocks, patients can undergo cosmetic surgery without the need for general anesthesia. Many patients are now choosing local anesthesia and twilight sedation because of its many benefits over general anesthesia.
Which Plastic Surgery Procedures Use Local Anesthesia?
Here are some of the most popular cosmetic procedures offered by Dr. Sadati under local anesthesia and twilight sedation:
- Lower face & neck lift (Natural Facelift)
- Neck lift
- Neck liposuction
- Fat Grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Chin Augmentation (Chin Implant)
- Cheek Augmentation (Cheek Implant, Fat Grafting, Dermal Fillers)
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing
- Minor Liposuction procedures on the body
- Brachioplasty (Arm lift)
- Balloon Sinus Dilation (Balloon Sinuplasty)
- Turbinate Reduction
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty
- Otoplasty (Ear Pinning)
- Brow Lift
- Forehead Lift
Dr. Kevin Sadati is known in the Newport Beach and Orange County area as a specialized and experienced facial plastic surgeon whose work is highly respected by his peers. His artistic skill, experience and knowledge has led to him performing thousands of cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery procedures. He promotes the use of local anesthesia and twilight sedation to ensure his patients are comfortable and safe while undergoing the cosmetic procedure they desire. His use of advanced technology and skill allows him to specialize in a non-operated look with final cosmetic surgery results his patients love.