Orange County Juvederm
The Juvederm® family of products rank as some of the most popular hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers available in Orange County. Juvederm offers five formulations. Each formulation has its own unique benefits. This family of products offers fillers that can be used for lip augmentation, to address signs of aging as well as to add volume to the face.
A Natural-Looking, Soft-to-the-Touch Result
Juvederm provides patients with natural-looking results that are soft to the touch. The Juvederm formulation that board certified facial plastic surgeon and expert dermal filler injector Dr. Kevin Sadati uses depends on the aesthetic results a patient desires.
What Causes the Signs of Aging?
Every day our skin sustains damage through exposure to a variety of environmental pollutants as well as ultraviolet rays from the sun. In addition, as part of the natural aging process, our cells lose their ability to produce hyaluronic acid. These changes cause the skin to lose volume, which usually results in the formation of wrinkles and folds. However, cross-linked HA dermal fillers like Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can temporarily replace the hyaluronic acid that has been lost: Thus, restoring volume to the face and providing the patient with a smooth, natural-looking result.
Juvéderm Offers 5 Levels of Formulation
The formulations available are designed to improve deep lines and folds, address the fine lines around the eyes and the lines around the lips, in addition to addressing moderate wrinkling in the face.
Juvederm Product formulations:
- Volbella XC is used to address lip lines and provide the patient with a soft, natural-looking lip augmentation.
- Vollure XC diminishes the marionette and laugh lines: Results achieved can last for up to 18 months.
- Voluma XC can add volume to the cheeks: Results can last up to 24 months.
- Ultra XC is a highly cross-linked formulation offering more versatility in contouring and volumizing the face.
- Ultra Plus XC is a highly cross-linked and robust formulation. This formula is used for adding volume to and correcting deep wrinkles, and folds.
The Juvederm Difference
The patented manufacturing process that is used to develop Juvederm dermal fillers provides a shapeable, smooth gel that flows easily into the skin to create a soft, natural-looking result. Furthermore, for the comfort of the patient, the products that have an XC (the XC stands for Extra Comfort) in their name are enhanced with the anesthetic Lidocaine. Thus, ensuring the patient is as comfortable as possible during the procedure.
Each Juvederm product is designed to provide optimal results to particular areas of the face: Therefore, to provide a patient with the best results possible, knowing the differences between Juvederm’s family of products is crucial.
What Dr. Sadati Can Accomplish with Dermal Fillers at His Office in Orange County
Using the innovative products provided by Juvederm, expert injector Dr. Kevin Sadati can:
- enhance and/or add volume to the lips;
- address facial lines and deep folds;
- correct areas of the face that are showing age (wrinkles);
- contour areas of the face (e.g., the chin and the cheeks);
- address the thin, superficial lines that surround the mouth (smoker’s lines); as well as
- correct the lines around the eyes and in the forehead.
How Long Do the Results Last?
According to an article published in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Journal, 96 percent of the individuals who participated in a study to determine how long the results attained with Juvederm would last still had clinically significant correction 6 months after their dermal filler treatment. A little over 81 percent of the participants still enjoyed the results achieved for 12 months or longer. The longevity of the results depends greatly on which formulation is used, some formulations can last up to 2 years.
What is Juvederm Made of?
Juvederm products consist of hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar that naturally occurs in all living organisms. This sugar absorbs more than 1,000 times its weight in water, which is why these products have the ability to add volume to the face. Additionally, HA binds with elastin and collagen, and transports vital nutrients to these fibers. It is the combination of elastin, collagen and HA that provides the skin’s structure, volume and elasticity, which contributes to its overall appearance.
A Complimentary Consultation in Orange County
Dr. Kevin Sadati offers a free consultation to new patients so that they have the opportunity to get to know him and become familiar with his staff. He encourages patients to ask questions and be forthright about what they would like him to accomplish with dermal filler injections.
Prior to performing any facial rejuvenation or enhancement procedures, Dr. Sadati will need to collect some information about the patient. He needs to know the patient’s medical history, including ongoing conditions like hypertension and/or diabetes.
If the patient takes any type of medications on a regular basis, Dr. Kevin Sadati wants to know: what they are, what they are for, the dosage amount and the frequency in which they are taken. Accuracy concerning these medications is essential as some drugs are known to thin the blood. Typically, Dr. Sadati prefers that his patients discontinue taking blood-thinning medications like ibuprofen, NSAIDs, aspirin and blood thinners as well as herbal supplements (e.g., Ginkgo biloba), and vitamins (e.g., vitamins E and C) known to thin the blood for 2 weeks prior to their procedure. However, patients should never discontinue taking their prescribed medications without speaking with Dr. Kevin Sadati and the physician who prescribes the medications in question.
If the patient continues to take these blood-thinning medications up until his or her dermal filler injection treatment, the patient may experience excessive bruising.
Why People Choose Dr. Sadati and the Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery in Orange County
As an expert injector, Dr. Kevin Sadati has the experience, precision and skill necessary to provide each patient with the results he or she desires. Important factors that must be considered when preparing for and performing dermal filler injections include product choice (based on the target areas), injection location, depth, pace and technique.
Lip Augmentation Patients:
Patients who are prone to cold sores should inform Dr. Sadati and his staff: Medication can be prescribed to help prevent an outbreak following treatment.
Individuals who are having their lips augmented at the Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery in Orange County should eat prior to their treatment. This is very important because patients are not permitted to eat for several hours following their lip augmentation procedure with Juvederm injectable gel. It is vital that this instruction be strictly adhered to as the gel needs to have time to integrate into the tissues.
The Dermal Filler Procedure with Dr. Kevin Sadati in Orange County
Since Dr. Sadati is an expert injector, dermal filler injection procedures do not take him very long: Most patients are in and out of his Orange County office within an hour.
When the patient arrives for treatment, his or her face should be free of moisturizers, facial creams or any other type of facial product (including makeup).
Once the patient is taken into the procedure room:
- His or her face will be cleansed and the injection sites will be sanitized. Additionally, a topical anesthetic to numb the skin may be applied.
- Dr. Sadati wants his patients to be comfortable throughout their dermal filler procedure; therefore, whenever possible, he uses dermal fillers in conjunction with the numbing agent Lidocaine. Typically, the only time that he would opt for using a dermal filler without this numbing agent is when the patient is allergic to Lidocaine.
- He will use a very fine needle to inject the dermal filler into the targeted areas of the face.
- The areas of the face that are being targeted determine which Juvederm dermal filler product he chooses for the patient.
Recovering from Dermal Filler Injections in Orange County
Patients should expect to experience tenderness, bruising and/or inflammation in the areas close to the injection sites.
There is literally no down time following dermal filler treatments at the Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery in Orange County. In fact, many patients choose to return to work directly thereafter.
However, there are a few things that patients must know:
- Excessive facial expressions could the results; consequently, for several hours after treatment, these actions are discouraged.
- For approximately 12 hours after treatment, patients should not wear makeup or apply any other type of face cream unless recommended, or provided by Dr. Kevin Sadati.
- For the first 24 hours following treatment, rubbing/massaging the treated areas is prohibited: This could cause the filler to move to other areas in the face.
- Patients should not participate in strenuous activities or exercises for at least 24 hours: These actions increase blood pressure, which could lead to excessive bruising.
- Consuming alcohol can also cause bruising; therefore, patients should abstain from drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours.
- For at least 7 days after treatment, patients should avoid having any other treatments in the areas Dr. Sadati addressed with dermal filler injections.
- Spending time in the sun, in steam rooms and/or saunas must be avoided for 14 days after a dermal filler treatment in Orange County.
Some results will be visible immediately; however, since Juvederm products are designed to encourage collagen production, the patient will notice that his or her results will continue to improve for some time following treatment.
Due to its ability to stimulate collagen production, when compared to some of the other dermal fillers and neurotoxins, the results achieved with Juvederm products last a significant amount of time. The longevity of the results depends greatly on the Juvederm product that is used. For example, when Voluma XC is used to add volume to the cheeks, the results can last up to 24 months; whereas, on average, neurotoxins like Botox® and Dysport® only last 3 or 4 months. Additionally, other dermal fillers usually last from 3 to 12 months, depending on the formulation used.
Dr. Kevin Sadati is a board certified facial plastic surgeon and dermal filler injection expert with an office in Orange County. His dedication, skill-level, precision and experience has made him one of the top facial plastic surgeons and expert injectors in Southern California. If you are interested in learning more about the procedures available at the Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery, please call us today and make an appointment for your free consultation. Our phone number is (949) 706-7776. The Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery is conveniently located at 359 San Miguel Dr., Ste. #110, in Newport Beach, California.